Saturday, June 28, 2014

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain Review and Swatches


So recently there's been a bit of a craze surrounding balm stains (Revlon Kissable, Wet N' Wild's Balm Stains, and the new Burts Bees balm stains come to mind), and so I thought this would be a great time to review one that I happen to have a few of on hand!

Alright, first off, packaging. It's cheap plastic. However, it's not the worst I've seen and it holds up in my bag alright (unless it moves around too loosely, and then the cap slips off). The product twists up from the bottom, and there's about as much product in there as is in a typical lipstick. They have a funny sweet smell, almost like some kind of candy. I'm not too fond of it, but it goes away quickly.

Now, the balm claims:


• Moisturizing Balm Infused with a Light-Weight Stain
• Applies with a Glossy Finish then Transforms into the Perfect Flush of  Color
• Long-Lasting
• Retractable, No Sharpening Required

And it does pretty good! Honestly, it isn't particularly moisturizing (it doesn't feel like chapstick at all) but it isn't drying either, and doesn't cause any problems. It does go on glossy, and then fade a little into a stain. It doesn't last super long, and definitely not through a meal, but I've gotten a good two or three hours out of them. My biggest complaint about these guys, is that they don't fade evenly- they leave a ring around the outside of my mouth- but that isn't a big deal. Obviously I liked them enough to get more than one! The range of shades isn't very big and I do wish they would have more colors.





Overall:
Packaging 2.5/5
Smell 2/5
Stay Power 3/5
Color 4/5

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Are there other balm stains or products you would like to see reviewed? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment